Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Time Flies......

We all have those moments when we look back and wonder where the time went.  How did I get all those grey hairs? Why don't my legs move as quickly as they used to? Or when you look at those kids you used to babysit (or maybe your own kids) and you realize that they are no longer children but ADULTS. 
How does that happen?
There is another great indicator of the passing of time....
When your appliances "give up the ghost" and go to that great paradise in the sky where all places of technology go that have served their owner well...and some of them who have not served so well. 
I have come to that moment in time when those "faithful servants" have exhausted their time & have begun to retire.

Well....I suppose it is time....I have been in Poland now 16 years!
Who would have thought?

2011 was the year of the cleaning servants:
  • Washing machine in Poland
  • Vacuum in Poland
  • Washer & Dryer in Kirkland
2012 is the year of...hmm....
  • Dishwasher in Poland
  • Dishwasher in Kirkland
  • Coffee maker
  • Laptop
  • Furnace/hot water tank
  • The 3 wheel lawn mower
  • Pealing paint
I am so grateful that Jesus always makes away. Last year Jordan came through to cover the cost of the new laundry "servants".
I've figured out how to continue the lawn mowing ministry with 3 wheels. Washing dishes by hand is not so bad as long as hot water tank is working at that moment. I'm winning the battle with the pealing paint one room at a time.
I will have to replace the furnace soon ... going showerless is not a very good witness...and winter is coming. I don't think I would last very long with no heat :/ The great part about new furnace is I can fix my bathroom so I can have a fan :)

But as you can see there is some progress being made...step by step.


Electronic giving: http://give.foursquare.org/Johnson

No comments: