After that time I “hitched” a ride to me sister’s where I got a personal demonstration of her Creative Memories scrapbooking things. Those of you who know me, know that I enjoy these creative …crafty things but envisioning the end product is not one of my skills. But it was fun to see what excites my sister. I also enter a drawing for some free materials. And surprise, surprise I won! My sister and my nieces swear it wasn’t rigged. I got a very cool album, papers & stickers. Now I just need some free time & inspiration.
Saturday & Sunday I spent most of the time at church. I set up a display on Poland and the work there & I was introduced at all 3 services at Eastside Church. It is amazing how challenging a 2 minute introduction can be. Pastor Matt said a few things and then asked me what people could pray for. It was as if he read my heart, so when I went to say something it was all I could do to not cry. And Pastor Jim reaffirmed me and Eastside’s commitment to me. It is the 1st time in a really long time that I’ve felt like I truly had a pastor: someone who is a mentor & father figure.
You know it could be perceived that being in 3 almost identical services could be boring. Yet I found myself absorbed by the worship in every service & being touched by something different in each sermon. Today I was stuck by the number of people my age and old who were jumping around in worship to Jesus like a bunch of youth at camp…ok maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but not much. It is so nice not being the only one acting like a kid for Jesus.
After each service I met and talked to many people. Unfortunately, my memory is much shorter than I would like when it comes to remembering all the new names and faces. But along with the new ones I also was reacquainted with many old faces that I haven’t seen in many years. Out of those conversations came a request for prayer requests…so here it is…Furlough, The Field, and Redeployment:
1. Peace that everything is in my Father’s hands & I can completely trust Him with it.
2. A vehicle from January 1- February 25, 2009.
3. Finances to cover my uncovered medical expenses (deposit, co-pay, dental, eye exam).
4. Quality time with my family, primarily my nieces & nephew.
1. The protection of the hearts, minds & spirits of the people of congregation in Nowy Targ.
2. A group of individuals willing & committed to build long term relationships with Poland & her people.
3. That they would grow stronger in their trust in Jesus & really learn to take care of/love one another.
4. A couple who has church plant experience to help to round out a church plant team in Nowy Targ…to mentor, disciple & empower the nationals to lead.
5. Strength & courage to pursue Jesus with their whole hearts, no matter the cost.
1. Clean bill of health
2. Clean out storage & have a garage sale of unnecessary items.
a. 5 churches committed to:
iii. Financially: @ $300/month
b. 40 individuals:
ii. Connect with individuals
iv. Financially @ $50/month
c. Finances to-date - approximately ½
At the end of my day at the church I got to walk home in the warmth of a beautiful sunny day. Then I got to go to an international potluck dinner. If you have never been to one you should try it. Each person brought something that would be from their country of ethnic heritage. It was an amazing display of diversity.