Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fun, Food, and Dance with a Purpose

I returned to Poland after an extended Christmas stay in Seattle the end of February.  It was a bit stressful as my ticket had been changed 3 times by the time I actually boarded the plane home.   Coupled with that my home church was sending the 1st short-term mission team since they became my home church.  From the time I set foot on Polish soil I had 3 weeks until the team of "11.5" arrived.
I have had lots of experience with short-term teams....some good, some not so good and everything in between.  I hate to admit but I have been responsible for teams that cover the whole spectrum.  That being said...
I'm truly blessed to have Eastside Foursquare as my home church.  This team was an amazing blessing and continue to be. They listened to every word of advise and experience I could share.  It is the 1st time in a very long time that I had visitors that everyone who met them eagerly look forward to the next such visit.
Although the team was here only 4 days, everyone of those days was full of preparation, sharing of their lives, prayer walks, encouragement for me and others, ....and.....a BIG St. Patrick's Day Party.

We rented a large hall in the local culture house and invited everyone we could think of... As a result my little fellowship of 4 adults and one child drew a crowd of 85+ people. Most of whom are newcomers to a personal relationship with Jesus and a life that can be both fun and devoted to God.

We had lots of GREEN....food, punch, clothes, decorations....

The team came prepared to put on an event...
It was like having an event in a box...
It really was an encouragement to the church as it wasn't "WORK", rather a fun time, with the message of hope being shared and a great time to build relationships.

Thank you EASTSIDE


No comments: