Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Being where I belong

Like many pastors my Sunday afternoons and Mondays are a time to chill out. Sometimes I wish I could just go home after church, take my dinner to the living room, and become a couch potato in front of the tube watching the game of the week. Ok, so sometimes I do all of the above except the game. I usually substitute a chick flick or 2. But this week I was adventurous.

First, I started by taking myself to dinner in town at my favorite cafe. Of course I shared my time with my Best Friend. Then I drove to Krakow for some shopping at IKEA. This may not sound like much to you but it was significant for me.

I found myself enjoying the drive, even more so than usual. It is those little quite voices within that speak the truth of our hearts. For me it was that words of delight when I realized that the rain was trying to be snow. The joy I felt for no particular reason. Followed by the amazement when I found myself on a new section of road.

You know you are where you should be when you find yourself in traffic and you still have a smile on your face that reaches to the deepest part of your heart.

No comments: