Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Calling

Sometimes I think that we over spiritualize our life with Jesus and what it all should look like. We spend a great deal of time trying to "find" God's will for our lives or what we are "called" to do. Or where and who we are to serve. I don't think it is that complicated. Who ever I meet where ever I am are the people God has for me to serve. And I don't think that we have to "search" to find God's will. Why would He hide it? I think that we are to be our best self allowing Jesus to live through us.
I'm convinced that Jesus has created you and me for a purpose, and that we are uniquely designed for that purpose.
Today I was reflecting on who I know myself to be and what that means. Or at least what I know it to mean today.
It is interesting learning again and in a deeper way who Jesus has created me to be and what that means. I know that I am to be like -
Jeremiah: one who stands alone bringing God's love & word to expand His kingdom to a stubborn and rebellious people.
Nehiamiah: one who organizes & coordinates those who are needed to get the task done.
Barnabas: one who encourages individuals to growth and maturity.

I know these are the things I have been created for because they come so naturally to me that it is like falling off a log. When I have the opportunity to use these skills I am filled with joy and fulfillment.
Jesus, you have called me to use those skills to be the touchable you to the people who live around me.
John 1:14 "So the Word (Jesus) became human (real, touchable) and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son."
Jesus you have called me to be Your flesh here where I live. Just like you made your home with us, I have made my "HOME" among these people. May it be said of me that I am one who is full of your unfailing love and faithfulness. Lord, I ask that all will see Your glory through my life, the glory of the Father and the Son.

No comments: