Thursday, February 23, 2006

Christmas in February?

A little more than a week ago I had the opportunity to join some people from the Charismatic Catholic community in Nowy Targ for an evening of Prayer and Praise.

I don’t know what it is when I have the time to actually WALK I seem to hear the voice of the Lord a bit clearer. This was one of those situations. I’m not sure if it was the fact that the snow was falling heavily, adding yet another layer onto the already winter wonderland. Or if it was the stillness created by the thick blanket of snow together with the evening air. The whole scene looked more like Christmas time than mid-February, at least to a once Seattleite. Or maybe it was because that day was the 1st day of winter break. Then again it could have been because I had just spent an incredible few days with my good friends (Family) from Switzerland. But whatever the reason I had the distinct sense of expectancy. Expectancy of what, was unclear but there was that inner peace & growing anticipation of what could be. It reminded me very much of the feeling a child has at Christmas of what might be under the tree.
What great surprise has my Dad found for me?

For I did not receive a spirit that makes me a slave to fear, but I received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him (Jesus Christ) I cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself testifies with my spirit that I am God’s child. Romans 8:15-16

No comments: