Sunday, September 04, 2005

Great Battles for the Lord

It is always amazing to me how easy it is to behave in the same manner as the rebellious and foolish children of Israel.

Uturn 2005 - Mission Possible was fantastic (more later), yet after all the dust had settled and the last guest had left there was an ominous silence. A silence and isolation that was what I would imagine Elijah felt after the battle with the prophets of Baal.

The past 3 weeks have been a time for me to fight with and within myself; those old voices that sometimes haunt the mind. They seem to remind us of every short coming and every weakness that once existed in our lives. I realized just how easy it could be for me to be sullen, depressed, isolated and alone if I allowed myself to be. I remembered what it felt like before I committed my life to Jesus.

It was during this time that I cleaned….and cleaned. I was alone with myself, my thoughts, and piles of stuff. At first, I was just overwhelmed but as I pushed myself into my Lord and plowed through the mess I found a fresh look at myself and my relationship with the Lord.

Eventually, as my apartment regained order there was a new sense of relief, followed by hope, hope and anticipation of what the Lord will do in this new season of my life.

No comments: