Thursday, August 27, 2009

How will I be remembered?

Today, like many of you I was confronted with the passing of Ted Kennedy. His death marks the end of a dynasty. Although, Senator Kennedy was known as the "liberal lion of the senate & the haunted bearer of the Camelot torch". I was struck by the question, how will he/we/me be remembered?

I remember when President Kennedy was assinated & Bobby, too. I can remember hearing about all kinds of scandalist things surrounding the family. But who were these people really?

How will they "REALLY" be remembered?

I guess in the long run...How will I be remembered is the more important question?

I pray that I will be remembered for reflecting Christ's character in all that I do. That I never backed away from what Jesus asked of me. And that I was able to walk out my life in the power of the Holy Spirit, full of unwavering faith. I'm afraid I have a long way to go before I have achieved this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, I remember you now as one of the pillars of my life.
--Arie