Monday, February 02, 2009

My Cat-Likeness

I feel like a cat who has been moved from its home.

I've heard it said that dogs are attached to the people & thus will go wherever their "master" goes. As long as the dog is with its owner they are happy.


Cats on the other hand are more attached to their surroundings. It's not that they aren't attached to their people but it is their surroundings that bring a sense of stability to their lives.

I don't know if it is because I have a strong independent streak, I'm older & not as flexibile as I once was but I find myself struggling to find myself without my "home surroundings" in Poland.

I'm now on my 5th month away from "home". The schedule has been basically 2-3 weeks in Seattle at my Mom's followed by 2 weeks on the road...somewhere.

I have been so blessed by all the people & places the Lord has openned to me. I have been amazed by the relationships & connections.

Recently when people ask me what I miss about Poland I have a hard time describing exactly...Like a cat the only thing I seem to be able to articulate is "home" & the people who are there.

Pray for God's grace for this season to continue & that I would recieve all that the Lord would have for me during this time.

Especially since I sense the Lord would have me extend my stay into March. It is a long time for this cat to be away from Home.

No comments: